Right the first time, from the start.
Put West Side Transports’ 45 plus years’ experience to work for you and your company, and we will be sure to optimize your van truckload shipments as no one else can.
The Story of West Side Transport
West Side was started in the late 1960s by the Vogt family — and is still family run to this day. The business started salvaging grain spills at train yards using just a couple of trucks and shovels. As the business grew the Vogt family added semi tractors and hopper trailers to accommodate customer needs. The founder’s sons took the company reins in the late 1970s and today Don Vogt serves as President, CEO and Chairman of the Board. By the late 1980s, our trucking operation had expanded into the truckload, dry van business.
Throughout the company’s history, providing outstanding service to customers has always been our focus. Many of our customers have been with West Side for many years and regularly comment about the quality of our personnel and the consistency of on-time pickups and deliveries. Today, we still make every business investment decision based on the question, “What would our customers want us to do?”
Creating Best Driving Job – Mission of Company
At West Side Transport, we work hard to exceed customer and driver expectations. We work to fulfill our customer mission of providing total quality service through teamwork, innovation, integrity, hard work and partnering. Drivers expectations are met by creating the best driving job in the industry by treating every driver with respect, give quality home time and provide an acceptable weekly paycheck through our weekly minimum pay commitment.
Our commitment to service and drivers is reflected in every aspect of our business:
- We hire and retain only safe, service-oriented drivers and office personnel.
- We compensate our employees at the high end of the industry pay level offering a weekly minimum pay commitment.
- We operate late-model, state-of-the-industry semi tractors and trailers to maximize customer and driver satisfaction.
- Our quality equipment maintenance minimizes equipment related service failures.
- We invest in proven technologies to maximize paperless transaction processing with customers and drivers.